Contest Rules and Details
What do we want?
Theme. Reflects womanhood/motherhood and the core values of Somebody’s Mama: empowering women and communities in women's health care, education, economic empowerment, and ending violence against women.
Wording. Includes the words “Somebody’s Mama” and the tagline: “Empower Women. Empower Communities." (We will need one version of the same logo without the tagline, so keep this in mind for the design.)
Colors. Neutral color scheme or earth tones. Clean and subtle. Logo must also look good in black and white.
Format. Must be easily reproducible and easy to read in large and small formatting. Both digital and hand drawn entries should be submitted as a PDF file. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
What else do you need to know?
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one entrant.
- Each entry must be include a separate entry form.
- Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant and must not contain copyrighted material or closely resemble copyrighted material. Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published.
- Entries must bear no signatures or any personal signals.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- The winning logo will be chosen by popular vote of the Board of Directors of Somebody’s Mama.
- Contestants agree that Somebody’s Mama may publish their logo and name(s) and may use both for advertising campaigns and/or marketing materials in the future. Contestants assign all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to Somebody’s Mama. Additionally, Somebody’s Mama may alter, modify or revise the logo as it sees necessary to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Somebody’s Mama reserves the right to not select a winner if no entries satisfy judging criteria.
- Competition begins December 26, 2016 and ends February 14, 2017. Results will be announced on February 28, 2017.
- The winner will receive a gift basket of fun prizes (and bragging rights!) from Somebody’s Mama. The runner-up will receive a Somebody’s Mama t-shirt of his/her choice.
- Submit all entries with "Logo Contest" in the subject line in an email to email@example.com.