Last quarter, we took a big step and completed our first ever large project, raising over $10,000 to finish a maternity ward in Sierra Leone. This project was successful because we had YOUR support.
We are looking for new House Mamas who are willing to start Love Clubs in their towns.
Want to know if you qualify? Here’s the application:
1. Do you have friends?
2. Would you like to help change the lives of women?
If you answered yes to those two questions, you’re hired! And you know what we want you to do? We want you to have a party! A Love Party! We want you to gather with your friends in the same way you always do—but this time, we want you to share the vision of Somebody’s Mama. We’ve picked a really special project, and we can’t do it without you. Here’s what you need to know in order to say YES to being a House Mama:
Our quarterly project involves building a school in India (more information to come shortly). Our goal is to plan our parties in the months of July, August, and September (you pick what works best for you in that timeframe).You are in charge of what your party looks like!
Here are just a few ideas about how you can structure your party:
1. Host a potluck dinner party and tell everyone to chip in what it would have cost if you’d gone out to dinner!
2. Host bunco/bridge/game night like you do every month and instead of giving out prizes for the winners, dedicate one evening to Somebody’s Mama!
3. Host a garage sale! Pool your stuff together for a big sale and donate the proceeds to our project!
4. Come up with something cool that YOUR friends would love and run with it! This is about connecting our everyday living with some simple giving.
5. Invite us to come speak to your faith-based or civic organization. Are you part of a Bible study, Sunday school class, Rotary Club, or MOPS group? Would any of your people be interested in listening to us get excited? Let us know, and if we can get to you, we'd be happy to represent Somebody's Mama.
Once you have agreed to be a House Mama, we will send you an information packet (via email) with more information about the project. It will answer the who/what/when/where questions and provide instructions on how to structure your “presentation” to your friends. We will equip you with all the resources to help engage others in the mission of Somebody’s Mama—and we hope you’ll have fun doing it!